Recipe by Sanut Tarrer
Yummy muffins made with vegan ingredients yet quite enjoyable for non-vegans. My taste-testers had to sit down to eat these delights.
Top Review by 972087
I am visiting my parents and needed something relatively quick and easy and vegan to make for my son for breakfast, with what they have on hand (ie, no fancy ingredients). I also halved the recipe. Wow, I will make these again and again. We drained the pineapple very well, used oil (1/4 cup, I couldn't imagine the full 1/2 cup working) instead of margarine, whole wheat pastry flour instead of AP, and added some extra sugar because we were using unsweetened almond milk, but that was unnecessary (just a sprinkle on top next time). This is not only a great muffin, but a great recipe that can be easily adapted. My son is 18 months old and currently quite picky, and he ate an entire muffin. He even chose the muffin over his favorite mandarin oranges.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar (can use natural or turbinado)
- 2 cups canned crushed pineapple or 2 cups crushed fresh pineapple
- 1⁄2-1 cup soy margarine
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add pineapple to dry mixture.
- Mix soy milk, vanilla and soy margarine in a different bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients well.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tin.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.