1 hr 15 mins
A wonderfully easy pierogi dough. Fill with onion and potatoes, cabbage, or anything else you can think of. We have even made dessert pierogi using apple pie filling! (Prep time includes 30 minutes for dough to rest).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized mixing bowl, and knead until smooth (it will still be kind of sticky).
- 2Let the dough rest in the bowl (covered with a towel) for 30 minutes.
- 3Separate the dough into 2 parts.
- 4Roll one half of the dough until about 1/8" thick.
- 5Cut circles with a cookie cutter (i use a 3" cookie cutter).
- 6Add a teaspoon or so of filling (depending on how big your circles are. Don't put too much, or they will be hard to close.
- 7Fold the circles in half over the filling, and pinch closed. You can also press the edges with a fork to make sure they are sealed really well.
- 8Roll out the other half of the dough, and cut, fill, and seal.
- 9At this point you can freeze the pierogi for later, or you can cook them.
- 10To cook, (do them in batches small enough to fit in your frying pan), boil them for a few minutes,just until they float, and then fry in oil or butter, until brown on either side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Pierogi Dough
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.9
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 583.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g