This gravy is very popular around our house, with its mix of vegans and non-vegans. I found the recipe on a Tofurkey box which creditted the recipe to Louise Hagler from Tofu Cookery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (button, shitake or portabella)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 4 cups stock or 4 cups vegetable bouillon or 4 cups soymilk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional, to taste)
- 1Lightly saute the sliced mushrooms and onion in 1 ans 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil until onion softens.
- 2In another pan combine 2 tablespoons olive oil and the flour and bubble over low heat for 1 minute.
- 3Whisk in the stock, bouillon, or soymilk along with the soy sauce and pepper.
- 4Cook and stir until thickened, whisking out any lumps.
- 5Stir in the mushrooms and onion.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 396.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: