Recipe by CupcakeAngel
I originally made this lemon curd to fill the middle of a wedding a cake that I made last summer for a friend, but it can be used in so many other situations. I've also used it on scones aswell as in tarts. Cooking time does not include cooling time.
Top Review by stephanie-ryan
This recipe worked out great. I added a couple of pinches of tumeric to make it more yellow as it didn't have much colour but other than that didn't stray. Perfectly tart flavour and I'll be using it in a lemon meringue pie.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons soymilk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix lemon juice, water, sugar, cornstarch and salt together.
- Pour into a heavy saucepan and whisk over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a full boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, not stirring. It should be thickened and turning clear.
- Remove from heat and add soymilk and margarine and blend well with the whisk.
- Cool the curd, then refrigerate in a covered container. It thickens as it cools.