Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I originally made this lemon curd to fill the middle of a wedding a cake that I made last summer for a friend, but it can be used in so many other situations. I've also used it on scones aswell as in tarts. Cooking time does not include cooling time.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons soymilk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Mix lemon juice, water, sugar, cornstarch and salt together.
- Pour into a heavy saucepan and whisk over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a full boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, not stirring. It should be thickened and turning clear.
- Remove from heat and add soymilk and margarine and blend well with the whisk.
- Cool the curd, then refrigerate in a covered container. It thickens as it cools.
This is great! I used potato starch instead of corn.