Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
LASAGNA!!! You can freeze the rolls for a quick meal later.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 zucchini, shredded
- 1 head broccoli, stems removed and florets finely chopped
- 2 cups ricotta cheese, Tofu
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- to make tofu ricotta cheese
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, heavy frying pan over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Saute until the onions are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the carrots, zucchini, and broccoli and saute until the carrots are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely. Mix the vegetable mixture into the tofu ricotta cheese.
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring often until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse the noodles, then toss with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
- Coat a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon of oil. Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish. Using a spatula, spread about 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture over each lasagna sheet, leaving about 1/2 inch of each end uncovered.
- Roll up each sheet tightly and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Pour the remaining 2 cups of sauce over the rolls.
- Cover the dish with foil. Bake until the sauce bubbles, about 55 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- To make Ricotta.
- In a large bowl, mush the tofu up with your hands until it is crumbly.
- add lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, basil mush with hands again until reach consistency of ricotta cheese, 2 - 5 minutes.
- add olive oil, stir with fork. add nutritional yeast and mix everything together with a fork.