Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation of Basic Vegan Cream Cheese Spread by Neva and Jim Brackett's 7 Secrets Cookbook to lose weight, lower cholesterol, and reverse diabetes. If you want this meal to be completely vegan for you, don't use honey but use sugar instead. I personally use honey, but it's not vegan. Enjoy!
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mock beef seasoning, vegan
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for at least 1 minute until smooth.
- Bring to a boil on stove, stirring constantly.
- Pour into containers, cover, and chill to thicken.
Tasty, I could eat it by the lovin' spoonful!
This was delicious! I have been making a lot of recipes lately that use cashews in place of dairy to make dips and dressings. I think blending the cashews REALLY works wonderfully to recreate that creamy dip-like texture and flavor. I served this dip with potato chips for a party, but my friend was spreading it on crackers too.