Another filipino favorite dish but in a meatless version. Suitable for vegans and perhaps the healthiest filipino chopsuey ever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 200 g cabbage
- 200 g chayotes, sliced lengthwise
- 200 g cauliflower, chopped
- 100 g carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into cubes
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced into cubes
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1In a wok, fry the garlic, onion and celery for 1 minute.
- 2Add the chayote fruit and cauliflower then simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked.
- 3Add the water and soy sauce then bring to a boil
- 4Add the carrots and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 5Add the red and green peppers.
- 6Add the cabbage and the firm tofu and simmer for 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Filipino Chop Suey
Serving Size: 1 (1103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g