Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another filipino favorite dish but in a meatless version. Suitable for vegans and perhaps the healthiest filipino chopsuey ever.
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped
- 200 g cabbage
- 200 g chayotes, sliced lengthwise
- 200 g cauliflower, chopped
- 100 g carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced into cubes
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced into cubes
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a wok, fry the garlic, onion and celery for 1 minute.
- Add the chayote fruit and cauliflower then simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked.
- Add the water and soy sauce then bring to a boil
- Add the carrots and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the red and green peppers.
- Add the cabbage and the firm tofu and simmer for 1 minute.