modified from ppk
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grind the flax seeds on high in a blender until they become a powder. Add soymilk and blend for another 30 seconds or so. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- 4In a seperate large bowl cream together oil, sugar/stevia, and applesauce. Add the flax seed/soy milk mixture and mix well. Add the vanilla.
- 5Fold in the dry ingredients in batches. When it starts to get too stiff to mix with a spatula, use your hands until a nice stiff dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and mix with your hands again.
- 6Roll dough into 1 inch balls and flatten into a disc that's about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes, then set them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 9For chocolate chocolate chip cherry cookies, replace 1 teaspoon of the vanilla with almond extract, and replace 1/2 the chocolate chips with dried cherries.
- 10For chocolate nut cookies, replace 1 teaspoon of the vanilla with a nut extract (almond, walnut, what have you) and replace the chocolate chips with 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (hazelnuts, almonds or walnuts all are good).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies- Lower Fat
Serving Size: 1 (1045 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 104.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: