Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
This is a nice pie crust for vegan pies. Easy to put together, with ingredients that are easily accessed. Be careful using *Oreo's--in different factories ingredients can contain diary products.
Top Review by Saturn
This was wonderful! I used it to make Recipe #95375 and we all enjoyed it a lot. The crust did come out a touch hard but I think that was my error. Not the recipe's. I really enjoyed making this crust and your directions were perfect! Thanks!
- 354.88 ml cookie crumbs (Food Lion or Famous Amos Chocolate Sandwich cookies~ Nabisco Ginger Snaps)
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml vegetable margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven, 350 degrees.
- Process cookies in food processor until crumbed. (Can use blender or rolling pin filled with cookies in Ziploc bag.).
- Mix crumbs, sugar, vanilla, and margarine.
- If desired, reserve 2 tablespoons of crumb mixture for garnish.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly against bottom and side of 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- For Vegan option use a Vegan cookie.