2 hrs 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse collard greens and rip off tough stems - rip into pieces and put in covered pan.
- 2Chop 1/2 tomato and 1/4 onion, add to collard greens along with 1/2 cup vegetable broth and 2 teaspoons molasses. Simmer for about 2 hours on low.
- 3Rinse pinto beans and put in another pot with the rest of the vegetable broth, molasses, and all the peppers (sliced) and the other 1/4 of onion.
- 4Only simmer long enough to heat up the ingredients (for firm peppers).
- 5Add the cooked collard greens and mix.
- 6Serve with cold sliced tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Collard Greens, Peppers, and Pinto Beans
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.1 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: