Recipe by Lalaloula
This recipe comes from I.C.Moskowitz's and T.H.Romero's lovely book "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar" and is just wonderful! Its chocolatey, fudgy and yummy! Mmmm! :) Feel free to add in chopped nuts, chocolate chips or coconut flakes. Ive also posted a healthified version of this recipe for those of us watching their weight.
Top Review by Elmotoo
EXCELLENT & easy! I couldn't find firm silken so i used soft tofu. the 1st batch was really thick going in to the pan but came out fabulous. we have superb cocoa powder which i'm sure helps. ;) the 2nd batch i used about 1/2oz more tofu & 1/3c vanilla almond milk instead of 1/4c. it was more like a batter & came out just a touch better. ooey gooey deep dark chocolatey. i think i will add a bit more sugar next time. i'm getting 3 batches out of a 14oz tub of tofu. (i'm not the best at measuring but it's all yummy in the end!) thanks, Loula! Made for Aussie Swap 1/12. xo Bethie
- 3 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup non-dairy milk (like e.g. soy)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the tofu, non-dairy milk and oil until smooth and fluffy. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to vigorously mix in the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- Use a spatula to mix batter until smooth. Transfer to an 8X8 greased baking pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 325°F/150°C for 25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.