Recipe by Sharon123
I have made some changes to the original recipe to my taste. I hope you enjoy! Serve with tortilla chips and salsa or guacamole, or with spanish rice and beans. To garnish you could use sour cream, peppers, onions, etc. Inspired by jonimarie.
- 1 (12 ounce) packageof vegetarian chorizo sausage (I use Soyrizo)
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained (or pinto beans)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour (or oat flour)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- oil (for frying, or non-stick spray)
- avocado, slices (or guacamole)
- tomatoes, slices
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- barbecue sauce (or salsa)
- 6 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 -2 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, chopped finely (if you don't want the heat, use bell pepper or leave out)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute Soyrizo and beans until they are completely warmed through and hot, about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the flour and salt. Mash the beans with the soyrizo and flour. I usually leave some beans whole or you can leave them all whole if you want.
- Let cool until easily able to handle. Using your hands, work in the green onion and cilantro(or parsley) until you get a soft, smooth mixture.
- Form into 6 patties and saute on medium heat in a drizzle of oil or use nonstick spray, until a nice crispy crust forms on each side(about 5 minutes each side).
- Toast buns(I usually do this in the same pan I'm cooking burgers in). Spread a little jalapeno mayonnaise on inside of buns. Place burger on bottom bun, then top with avocado slices, tomato slices, and lettuce. Place a dollop of barbeque sauce on top(or salsa) if you like, put on top bun and enjoy!