Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A light tea bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- Whisk together wet ingredients and sugar.
- Sift together dry ingredients, except almonds.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Fold in almonds.
- Pour into a prepared 8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
This was my first attempt at vegan bread and it turned out excellent! Super easy to make. So if your new to vegan baking this is a good one to start out with. I had to use vegetable oil instead of canola oil, but it didnt seem to matter. This bread is a great pair for your morning coffee.