Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious Italian style veal recipe. Courtesy of Capaccio's resturant
- 6 ounces veal scallops
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 -4 ounces white wine
- 6 ounces chicken stock
- 3 pieces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3 strips roasted red peppers, julienned
- 3 pieces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cooking oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- Dredge 3 (2 oz.) pieces of veal in flour and place in saute pan over medium heat with oil.
- Allow veal to cook on each side for about 35- 40 seconds.
- Taking pan off of flame, pour in white wine and put back on stove.
- Let alcohol flame off and then add chicken stock, juice of the lemon and salt and pepper.
- Allow to reduce 1 to 2 minutes and then place proscitto, red pepper, and fresh mozzarella cheese on each piece of veal.
- Dredge butter in flour and put in pan.
- Let reduce for another minute or so and take off heat.
This is a wonderful veal recipe. The combination of ingredients creates a slightly tart sauce and the cheese and red pepper flavor the meat well. There are two main reasons why I like this recipe: first of all, it is easy to make. Second of all, it disappeared off my son's plate as if by magic (he is usually a picky eater.) We will be making this again-SOON!
My main problem with this recipe was figuring out the instructions! I dredged the veal (1st ingredient) in the flour (last ingredient). Then I sauted it in the butter, the oil being ingredient nine. I prefer to use recipes that add ingredients as listed in the directions because it is much easier to follow. That said, the taste was better than a three, so really the recipe deserves a 3.5, but I can't give half stars. Thanks for sharing though. I am sure someone who has made Veal Saltimbocca before would not have the problems I did.
My husband is picky. He has told me that he didn't like Veal Saltimbocca, but when he tasted this recipe, he was shocked by how much he really liked it.