Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sounds good from RSVP, Portland, ME Junior League's cookbook. It was submitted by Dodo Stevens.
- 1 lb veal, pounded thin
- 1⁄2 cup flour, to coat veal
- 3 tablespoons butter, may need more
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- Saute veal that has been coated with flour in 3 tablespoons melted butter, adding salt and pepper. Cook turning once.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter and add mushrooms and stir and cook 2-3 minutes. Add broth. Madiera, and sherry. Stir and cook.
- Add the veal and cook 5-10 minutes covered.