Recipe by leenie<3
This pound cake is so yummy! It's soooo simple and easy to make, anyone can make it! And you will love the results! I like it plain, or topped with whipped cream and berries for an elegant touch! If you try it, you will love it!
Top Review by kathyblenki
I thought this was really good! I was worried since i saw some reviews saying it was dry so i decided to add 4 tablespoons of fat free sour cream and it was a great addition and now very moist. I also added some alnuts to the top of the cake about 10 minutes before it was done.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavor extract (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter for 3 minute or until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, and then the extracts.
- In a seprate bowl sift the remaining ingredients and slowly beat into the mix.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan, and bake until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.