Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Really simple, really good. Try adding dried fruit (such as raisins or cranberries) or chocolate chips after baking.
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Set rack to middle position and preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly spray large baking sheet.
- Mix first five ingredients.
- Over medium heat, combine butter, apple sauce and maple syrup and bring to simmer.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour over dry mixture, toss well with hands until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, rotating pan after 10 minutes.
- Transfer sheet to cooling rack and cool completely before breaking into small pieces.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
This was really simple, I microwaved the last 4 ingredients and then mixed it with the first 5. This recipe turned out really great as is and tasted even better after I added some M&M's.