Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great recipe using ONLY real food ingredients. Very healthy giving proper fiber, fat, and protein needed to get you through the morning. Adapted from 100DaysofRealFood.com This is enough to fill a Rubbermaid cereal container.
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups raw almonds, sliced
- 2 cups raw pecans, chopped
- 2 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup hemp seeds, hulled (optional)
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons real vanilla
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover two rectangular baking sheets/sheet cake pans with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry oats, almonds, pecans, coconut, seeds and spices together in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the butter and maple syrup together in small sauce pan over low heat. Once the butter melts remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the hot liquids over the dry ingredients and stir together with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture evenly over both prepared pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes then turn oven off and let granola sit overnight or for 6-8 hours. (you may opt to bake the granola for 75 minutes in a 250 degree oven).
- The granola will become crisp as it cools at which point you can break it into pieces and store in air tight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Feel free to add dried fruit of your choice after it has cooled or mix in when eating.
- Additional options that I have not yet tried are substituting coconut oil for the butter; mixing in cocoa with the maple syrup and butter mixture for a chocolate flavor.