Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Absolutely THE BEST fruit salad I have ever had! Instead of cake I served this with vanilla ice cream at my last birthday - and trust me - no one was disappointed! Actually, it has become so popular in our family, that we hardly ever serve cakes anymore :)
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 2 galia melons
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh strawberries
- 1 lb fresh blueberries
- 2 apples (I use Golden Delicious)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 drops liquid stevia (or to taste. Equals 2 tsp sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (e.g. almonds)
- Peel and seed melons + mangoes. Cut in to small dices.
- Rinse blueberries and strawberries (remove leaves and stems), let drain on kitchen roll.
- Cut strawberries in smaller pieces.
- Carefully mix all fruits together in a big bowl.
- Stir together orange juice, lemon juice, vanilla and Stevia. Pour over the fruits and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour (or more).
- (If using) - Garnish with chopped nuts just before serving.