Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
therse are a pleasure around the house!!always disappearing...even when hot!
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 24 muffin pans with paper liners or grease pans and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Cream butter.
- Add sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one after each addition, stir in vanilla.
- Put in prepared pans, bake about 20 minutes.
I am at a loss as to why reviewers would rate this recipe at 4 stars when it is obviously missing ingredients. The batter created from this recipe is not a cake/cupcake batter, but more like cookie batter. The recipe does not work without milk and even then, it is not a very good recipe for cupcakes as the cake made even after the addition of up to 1/2 cup of milk is very dense.
Very simple, but I had to add milk as well as one reviewer said. I added about 1/4 cup and the mix was much better. They still were a little dry and floury. Next time I would add at least 1/2 cup of milk. Used a chocolate frosting and I was addicted; I ate 6 in a row!!!!
I cut the recipe in half and added about 1/4 cup of milk. These were great, simple and will be making again. I would suggest using these with something like blueberries or even chocolate chips to make them fantastic.