Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Googled this recipe one sleepless night and fell in love. Try it with a vanilla brown sugar icing or frosting of choice
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix in baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add in flour alternating with milk beginning and ending with flour.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.