Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Grandma's and still my favorite! Prep time is without baking time.
Make and share this Vanilla Crescents (Vanille Kipferl) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Combine flour with ground almonds and mix with soft butter till smooth.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Form a long strand about 1 1/2 inches thick by rolling the dough.
- Cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Taper the ends and form into crescents.
- Put on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake on middle rack for about 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 2 minutes on the sheet.
- Remove and carefully toss them individually in a bowl with vanilla sugar to cover them completely (do this while they are still warm!).
- Makes for delicate crescents with a subtle flavor.