Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This recipe can be prepared in a few minutes, not counting chilling time. It has the refreshing tang of buttermilk and uses condensed milk instead of sugar. Serve with your favorite fruit or fruit sauce. You might even try chocolate or caramel ice cream sauce.
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in small bowl or measuring cup until softened.
- Heat on stovetop or in microwave until it dissolves.
- Mix with remaining ingredients.
- Pour into eight dessert bowls.
- Chill until firm.
This was pretty yummy. My kids really enjoyed it. When i make it again, i think i will use homemade buttermilk, rather than store bought for a sweet cream taste rather than cultured. I had mine topped with caramel and it was delicious!