1/4 Photos of Vanilla Buttercream
From the Magnolia Bakery. Makes enough for a 2-layer 9-inch cake or 2 dozen cupcakes
My Private Note
layer 9 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the butter in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add in 4 cups sugar, then the milk and vanilla.
- 3On medium speed of an electric mixer, beat about 3-5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- 4Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well (about 2 minutes) after each addition, until the icing is thick enough for good spreading consistency (you may not need all of the sugar).
- 5If desired, add a few drops of food coloring and mix thoroughly.
- 6Use and store the icing at room temperature because icing will set if chilled.
- 7The icing can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- 8**If making a 3-layer cake, use the following proportions: 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, 8-10 cups confectioner's sugar, 3/4 cup milk, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (1077 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2265.3
- Calories from Fat 848
- Total Fat 94.2 g
- Saturated Fat 59.6 g
- Cholesterol 252.5 mg
- Sodium 49.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 362.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 352.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g