Recipe by bengi
Vandermint is a Dutch chocolate and mint flavored liqueur. Look for it at your liquor store.
- 11 chocolate mint sandwich cookie, crushed
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine, melted
- 680.38 g cream cheese
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml whipping cream
- 24.64 ml cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 158.51 ml vandermint liqueur
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vandermint liqueur
- chocolate-covered mint candies, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Chocolate Cookie Crust:.
- In a small bowl stir together crushed cookies and melted butter or margarine until well-combined.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Vandermint Filling:.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, whipping cream, and cornstarch.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in liqueur and vanilla extract.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 200° and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- Easy Mint Topping:.
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream, sugar, and liqueur with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe whipped cream mixture around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Garnish with mints.
- Chill until serving time.