Adapted from Pan American's Complete Round the World Cookbook. The eggs poach in the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- 2Add onions, garlic and achiote, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Add beef, stock and marjoram.
- 4Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- 5Break each egg carefully into the soup. Keep the yolks intact if possible.
- 6Increase heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes.
- 7Carefully remove the eggs and place one in each of 6 individual soup plates.
- 8Pour the soup over the eggs.
- 9Sprinkle with parsley and cayenne.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valdiviano Con Huevos (Bolivian Dried Beef-Onion Soup With Eggs)
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.9
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 215.8 mg
- Sodium 2321.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 22.8 g