Recipe by JanuaryBride
Recipe from First Magazine 11/3/08.. . .quick to make. You can certainly make this vegetarian (and vegan) by using veggie broth in place of the chicken broth.
Top Review by nott
I enjoyed this recipe, but next time I will use just oregano and basil, garlic, etc. for the Italian seasoning. The bottle of commercially prepared Italian seas. had way too much thyme, and it's kind of dominating the flavor. Right now it tastes more like beef stew than soup! My fault. I should have known. I will make this again with the changes above. I am going to make beer bread to go with it.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup diced fennel
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced peeled potato
- 3 (12 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 cup vegetable juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepot over medium heat, cook first 5 ingredients for 15 minutes.
- Assuming potatoes are soft, puree the mixture in a blender. Add red peppers and puree again til smooth.
- Return the pureed mixture to the saucepot and stir in the juice. Cook for 5 minutes til warm.
- Serve with a triangle of garlic toast on top!