1/4 Photos of V-8 juice for canning
1 hr 15 mins
A basic recipe for V-8. Shake well before using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 lbs ripe tomatoes, chopped (you want 8 quarts chopped)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 large onions, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1Place all ingredients, except lemon juice, in a large stainless pot. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes-all veg should be soft.
- 2Press veg through a fine sieve or food mill.
- 3Return juice to pot, stir in lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- 4Pour into clean hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Process for 35 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V-8 juice for canning
Serving Size: 1 (7589 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.8
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 9.5 g