Recipe by locknane
A nice change from your typical jello salad with a nice lemon/fruity flavor. My Mom always made this salad when we'd have holiday family get togethers. Goes great with fish or meat. Needs to regrigerate overnight, so be sure to plan ahead.
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in boiling water. Then, add pineapple and vinegar/lemon juice and refrigerate just until it starts to gel.
- Whip the cream until stiff. Add sugar, salt, cottage cheese and 3/4 cup of the cheese and fold together.
- Combine cream and jello mixture and fold together until well combined. Pour into serving bowl you intend to use, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and refrigerate overnight.