1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Lorri in Wyoming's Note:
The title says it all...we make this every time our rhubarb is ready to be picked...many times each summer and it's gone before it's even cooled!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, and tapioca in large bowl.
- 2Let mixture sit for 20 minutes at room temperature to dissolve sugar and tapioca.
- 3Stir every few minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 and put pie crust in pie tin.
- 5After sitting time, add nutmeg, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and lemon juice to mixture.
- 6Stir well and put into crust, draining excess liquid.
- 7Dot top of mixture with pats of butter then place crust on top and seal edges.
- 8Place a cookie sheet under pie to catch drips.
- 9Bake at 450 for 30 minutes, then 425 for another 30 minutes, then 350 for 15 minutes or until done.
- 10You might have to cover edges of crust with foil or a pie guard to prevent crust from burning- Will thicken as it cools.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Utah State Fair Grand Prize Winner - Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 282.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 77.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g