Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from the magazine Moi & Cie.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was super easy! I made almost exactly as written, except I used buttermilk (because I had some to use up) and mixed frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries and strawberries). Very nice, tasty cake that was delicious with a dollop of whipped cream. I will be making this again!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- white sugar, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs and beat until creamy.
- Incorporate gradually dry ingredients to the mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix well.
- Put raspberries in a square pyrex baking pan of 8 inches and sprinkle with sugar. Put the dough on the raspberries and cook in oven 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool the cake in the pan. Serve room temperature with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.