Recipe by House
A variation of the Upside Down Pineapple French Toast. I use sourdough and rye bread for this, but it's tasty with most breads. From "My Great Recipes" packet #36.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 slices canned pineapple, well drained
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices white bread
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 8-9 inch square pan in oven as it preheats.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Lay pineapple slices over brown sugar, spacing evenly.
- Beat eggs, milk and salt until blended.
- Soak 4 bread slices in milk mixture until soft, using all of the mixture.
- Arrange bread on top and pour extra milk mixture over the bread.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minute or until set and lightly browned.
- Invert entire pan onto large serving platter. Or with pancake turner, lift each serving and invert onto heated individual serving plates. Garnish with parsley(I never do this though).
- Good with syrup, bacon, coffee, juice, tea or milk.