Top Review by ~Rachel~
This recipe was not sweet enough and kind of turned out bland tasting. I love the idea of the crock pot cake & pudding underneath and it smelled so good while cooking, but my family was disappointed with the taste. I plan to look for a variation on this crockpot cake idea that would turn out a nice taste.
- 1 cup bisquik reduced-fat baking mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot tap water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix bisquik, 1/2 c sugar, 3 T unsweetened cocoa, milk and vanilla.
- Spoon batter evenly into greased crockpot.
- Mix remaining sugar, 1/3 c cocoa and hot tap water and pour over the batter in the crockpot.
- Do not stir.
- Cook on HIGH 2-2 1/2 hours or until batter no longer looks shiny on top.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- The batter rises to the top like a cake and there is a rich chocolate pudding underneath.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.