Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding Cake
I was searching for the old fashioned kind of pudding cake and found this on Recipeland.com. This is like the one I made when in high school! Back in the '50s! Finally found it and will keep it here for safekeeping.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, milk, vegetable oil, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- Spread into greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- In medium bowl stir together remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa, brown sugar and hot water; pour over mixture in pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until pudding bubbles around edges.
- Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes.
OPTIONAL SERVING METHOD:
- Meanwhile, in small bowl stir jam until smooth.
- Drizzle each serving of warm pudding with jam.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very nice and easy to put together and be prepared for a lot of sauce. There was no mention where to add the vegetable oil in the instructions I assumed in step 2 with the milk etc. I would suggest not doing what I did and make this early I think it would definately be at its best served warm from the oven (you could possibly prepare the base before hand and put in tin and then have the sauce ready to pour over and then put in the oven). I baked at 170C fan forced for 40 minutes and then gave an extra 3 minutes and regretted it as it just burnt it a little on the top in than time so would suggest looking at it after 35 minutes and monitoring from there. Thank you Nana Lee, made for New Kids on the Block.Reply