Recipe by nguthrie85
White cake served with cooked fruit, delicious! Very adaptable to preference (To make this recipe gluten free i use a premix of: 2 cups brown rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour blend and measure the same as you would wheat flour. Also sometimes i use more fruit, i like to use about 3 to 4 cups
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, crushed (optional)
- 2 cups fruit (rhubarb or pineapple)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in 8x8x2 pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Heat until bubbly. Remove from heat and add fruit in the mixture.
- Melt honey in saucepan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- Blend cream and coconut oil. Add egg, milk, melted honey, and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until moistened.
- Add crushed walnuts.
- Pour the batter over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- Turn out onto plate with fruit side up.
- Top with whip cream and serve!