Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Drunken Pepper Shrimp recipe provided by my favorite mexican restaurant, Uncle Julio's!
Make and share this Uncle Julio's Chipotle Borracho Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed (approx. 2 pounds)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely minced chipotle pepper (canned chipotles in adoba sauce, add more for extra heat)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- splash Grand Marnier
- splash tequila
- Combine all ingredients expect shrimp in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Skwered shrimp, then place in a shallow pan.
- Marinate jumbo shrimp in sauce mixure for 10 to 15 minutes prior to grilling.
- Grill until shrimp are done.
- Garnish with slices of lime and enjoy!