Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A no-fat, no cholesterol and low calorie dressing. This dressing is good on all green salads.
Top Review by Cucina Casalingo
This was quite tasty. I found it quite interesting that the base was made of H2O and cornstarch instead of calorie laden oil. The flavor came through and the dressing clung nicely to the lettuce. This inspires me to play around with the seasonings and come up with some new concoctions for future lo-cal salads. I might also cut the recipe in half because I don't go through dressings all that fast. Thanks for the inspiration!
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size saucepan, add 2 cups of water and bring to boil.
- In a small dish, mix together cornstarch and 1/4 cup of cold water until well dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to saucepan, stirring constantly until well blended.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together salt, pepper, chopped shallots, diced sweet red pepper, Dijon mustard, chopped garlic, chopped parsley, paprika, white and red vinegar and honey; mix well to blend.
- Now add cooled water mixture to mixed ingredients and mix well to blend.
- Store in a glass jar with lid in the refrigerator.