Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This one was in the Dallas Morning News. A recipe combination of Joy of Cooking with Rosie Daley and using a brushing technique from Food Network. I haven't made yet so I am guessing at the prep time.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ice water
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°F Set a rack on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spray the rack generously with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Put the chicken in a bowl of ice water. Mix the mayo and mustard in a small bowl. Set both bowls aside. Put remaining ingredients in a pie plate and combine well.
- One at a time remove the chicken breasts from the ice water and pat dry. Trim off fat and between 2 pieces of wax paper, pound the chicken breast with a mallet until it is about 1/3 inch thick. Cut chicken into strips.
- Brush the mayonnaise-and-mustard mixture on each piece of chicken until thoroughly coated and then transfer to pie plate and bread each piece. Put the chicken on the prepared rack and spray each piece lightly with the cooking spray.
- Place the baking sheet in the bottom shelf of the oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until the coating crisps and browns.
- Serve with barbecue sauce or another dipping sauce.