Recipe by weekend cooker
a healthy salad , made in a curved tortilla shell, with a red pepper slice as the umbrella handle.
Top Review by Boomette
The tortilla bowls are so cute. My son was really impressed with this recipe. And he liked the salad but we didn't tell him it was spinach. I omitted the mushrooms and onions. I used ranch dressing. Thanks Dough :) Made for 123 hit wonders
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 slices red onions, separated into rings
- 6 sweet red peppers, slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 6 pitted ripe olives
- salad dressing, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place six (10 ounce) custard cups upside down in a shallow baking pan and set aside.
- Brush both sides of tortillas with butter, place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 1 minute.
- Place a tortilla over each custard cup, pinching sides to form a bowl shape.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove tortillas from cups, and cool.
- Combine spinach, ham, mushrooms, cheese, and onion, place about 1 cup in each bowl.
- For the umbrella handle, cut off a curved end from each red pepper slice, and insert straight end into olive.
- Place in center of salad , and arrange salad ingredientsto hold handle upright.
- Serve with dressing.