1/6 Photos of Ultra Moist Starbucks Chocolate Cake (Or Cupcakes)
New Mom Kate's Note:
You'll love this super moist, rich chocolate cake (or cupcakes) made with Starbucks coffee. The coffee enhances the fudgey flavor of this dessert, but does not leave you with a coffee taste. (I'm not a big fan of coffee, but I could eat this cake all day!) This is a simple, one-bowl recipe for cooks of all skill levels.
My Private Note
round c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk eggs, canola oil, vanilla and black coffee (cooled) together.
- 3Stir in sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- 4Alternate stirring in flour and milk.
- 5Don't worry if batter seems runny to you, this is normal and makes the cake so moist!
- 6Pour batter into two greased 9-inch round cake pans.
- 7Or if you're making cupcakes, line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake papers. Spoon (or pour) the batter into the cups about three-quarters full.
- 8Bake the 2 cake pans for 25 minutes or cupcakes for 20-23 minutes. (Toothpick will come out clean when cake is done.).
- 9After cake has cooled, remove and frost with your favorite icing. (I like Magnolia Bakery's Buttercream Frosting, Magnolia Bakery's Vanilla Birthday Cake and Frosting).
- 10TIP: I've found that the cupcakes get even more moist when stored overnight in a Tupperware container.
- 11Frosting Instructions: It is really easy to create the two-tone icing as shown in the photo above. Make your favorite buttercream icing recipe and divide it into 4 equal batches. Then add a dab of food coloring to each batch (I like Wilton's Icing Colors gels, purchased my local Michael's Craft Store). I used 4 different Wilton colors -- yellow, pink, sky blue and leaf green. Use a long metal spatula to fill a pastry bag with 2 colors. Put one color down each side of the bag. When you twist the top of the bag closed, the colors will form "striped" icing. Use the Wilton 2D Drop Flower tip to decorate the cupcakes, starting on the outer edge of the cupcake and working your way to the center in a circular motion. Each cupcake will be unique and beautiful!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultra Moist Starbucks Chocolate Cake (Or Cupcakes)
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.0
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 550.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g