Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you are looking for a deliciously rich and super-yummy dessert, this is it!! I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and am asked to make it all the time. The smell coming from the oven will have people picking at it before it has cooled!!! Beware, they will disappear fast!!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven 375F (190C).
- Grease a 13x9 inch METAL pan (glass will burn it).
- Brownie Mixture: In a small saucepan, combine chocolate and 1/2 cup butter.
- Stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups sugar and 3 eggs until well blended.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture; stir to combine thoroughly.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Cream Cheese Mixture: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and butter till smooth.
- Beat in remaining egg and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- Pour mixture gently and evenly over chocolate batter.
- Gently swirl batters together using tip of a knife.
- Bake 40 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan on rack.
The first question my daughter asked when she tasted these was why had I never made them before, because they were the best brownies ever! Everyone loves the combonation of cheesecake and brownie, I have made 3 pans of them in the past two weeks since I found the receipe.
This is a horrible recipe. . .do not make-there are better recipes out there. I am an experienced baker and this recipe is not worth it. The brownies came out completely tasteless
Delicious brownies. The recipe didn't have too many ingredients, which made it easier to make. Definitely will make them again! Thanks!