Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I always try to find ways to make different cuts of meat soft and tender. This recipe is a sure fire winner. London Broil is a hard meat to get tender and juicy and this simple recipe will show you how. You will never eat London broil any other way.
- 2 -3 lbs london broil beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 4 cups fat free low-sodium beef broth
- 1 vidalia onion
- 3 stalks celery (Angled Cut)
- 4 carrots (Angled Cut)
- 5 white potatoes (Quarters)
- 1. Place London Broil in Slow cooker.
- 2. Spread Onion Soup Mix evenly on top of London Broil.
- 3. Quarter Onions Place On Top Of Meat.
- 4. Cut Celery On Angle Put On Top Of Onions.
- 5. Cut Carrots On Angle Place on Top Of Celery.
- 6. Cut Potatoes In Quarters Place On Top Of Carrots.
- 7. Pour 2 Cans (14-1/2ozs) Of Fat Free- Low Sodium Beef Broth On Top.
- 8. Place Slow Cooker Lid And Cook On Low for 8hrs.
- Serve London Broil And Vegetables Over Egg Noodles.
What a WASTE of good ingredients. I should have known from the lack of seasonings that the meat would be tasteless, but it was also completely dried out - something I never thought could happen when cooking in that much liquid. One of the WORST crock pot dishes I've ever had and definitely the worst London Broil I've ever made. I'll stick to grilling it from now on.
The London Broil was so tender it was falling apart. The potatoes and carrots stayed firm. Delicious!
I found this to be a good recipe. And I must point out to some novices that slammed this recipe: unless the recipe is for a bakery item, it gives you the basics. The blank foundation and leaves the seasoning up to. So, if you make this, you add the type and quantity of seasonings you want. Play with the recipe such as browning the near and using some red wine as part of the liquids. Add a splash of steak sauce or a dash of Italian seasoning with salt and pepper. Use baby red potatoes or try parsnips or yucca. It's up to you.