Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
This panini features caramelized onions. Delish!
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 lb deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices pickles (garlic-flavored sandwich pickles)
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In large skillet, saute onions in oil until softened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Layer the cheese, ham, tomato, pickles and caramelized onions on four bread slices; top with remaining bread.
- Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted.