Recipe by WJKing
This scrumptious recipe was adapted from one posted in Quick Cooking's April 2000 issue. A fabulous, rich, twist on an old-time favorite! Fantastic served with fresh fruit and/or tomato soup! ENJOY!!
Top Review by DDW
We make this one during the winter a lot!! It's so creamy and tasty, I doubt you could go back to just plain 'ol grilled cheese. Bummer part is my kids don't care for it - so they get plain 'ol grilled cheese!
- 3 ounces light cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 10 -12 slices Italian bread (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and Season-All.
- Butter one side of all pieces of bread.
- Place half of the buttered breads butter-side down into frying pan.
- Top with 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining bread, butter side up.
- Cook on medium heat until golden brown on both sides.