Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is the exact recipe from the back of bag of the Pillsbury All-Purpose Flour.
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco (or 3/4 butter Flavor Crisco Stick)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes of baking sheet on a cooling rack; remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
Nice cookie. We enjoyed these today as a treat. Made as directed. Mine were baked in 9 minutes.