Recipe by Kelly Vaughn
RICH, chocolately, yummy brownies! NOT for the faint of heart. The best one I've ever made, and I am a devout chocoholic. Mine never pull away from the sides of the pan like the recipe says. Be sure to test it with a toothpick in more than one place, because you might run into a chocolate chip that would make it appear that the brownies aren't done yet.
- 177.44 ml baking cocoa
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 158.51 ml butter, melted,and divided
- 118.29 ml boiling water
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml salt
- 340.19 g bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda.
- Blend in 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Add boiling water, stir until well blended.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining butter.
- Add flour, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes, or until brownie starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool, cut into squares.