Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
RICH, chocolately, yummy brownies! NOT for the faint of heart. The best one I've ever made, and I am a devout chocoholic. Mine never pull away from the sides of the pan like the recipe says. Be sure to test it with a toothpick in more than one place, because you might run into a chocolate chip that would make it appear that the brownies aren't done yet.
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted,and divided
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda.
- Blend in 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Add boiling water, stir until well blended.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining butter.
- Add flour, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes, or until brownie starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool, cut into squares.
I would give this 10 stars if I could! My DSS asked me to make these for him instead of birthday cake! Amazing, thank you for sharing!
Chocolate goodness! I made this recipe with mini semi sweet chocolate chips because that was all I had when I decided to bake them. I cut the brownies kind of small so I got 24 squares out of the recipes. Oops, I forgot the vanilla, but it was not missed at all, next time I'll pay closer attention. Another mistake that I made was to eat 3, yes 3 of the end squares before I realized it, now I'm in sugar overload...pace yourself. :-)