If you want chocolate fudge, this is it! I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. It's a Christmas staple in her house, and it's my husband's favorite fudge. It makes a lot of fudge, so it's a good recipe to use for gift giving. Prep time is approximate. The recipe can be credited to Mrs. Paul Kaczinsky.
- Preliminarily: prepare all the chocolate by chopping into small pieces.
- Dissolve sugar and margarine in milk in a med. saucepan. Put a lid on it and heat on medium until it begins to boil.
- Remove lid and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallows, then all the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Add vanilla (and nuts).
- Line both a 9x13 inch pan and an 8x8 pan with wax or parchment paper.
- Divide and press fudge into pans.
- Cool completely before cutting into small squares.