Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Chocolate cake to the max! This will give you a chocolate fix like nothing you have ever tasted. This is one you want to serve for special occasions.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 (4 ounce) bars German sweet chocolate
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups mini chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- Cream butter in large mixing bowl. Mix in sugar.
- Add eggs beating after each.
- Mix baking soda into buttermilk, and add to creamed mixture, alternately with the flour.
- Stir in melted chocolate, chocolate syrup and vanilla. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased and floured 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 15 min or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Turn into cake plate. Cool.
- Combine white chocolate and 1 TBS Crisco in pan. Melt slowly stirring constantly till all melted. Whisk smooth. Remove from heat and drizzle over cake. Melt the rest of the chocolate chips and rest of the Crisco in pan over low heat, stirring till smooth. Remove from heat drizzle over white chocolate on cake.