Recipe by Verelucky
Definately a two handed sandwich, blackened cajun grilled chicken with extras! From a friend of mine weighs 100 lbs and eats like a horse!
Top Review by Bobtail
DELICIOUS! I prepared as directed by the recipe, only using chicken tenders. From the optional ingredient list, I used tomato and avocado. I actually could not taste the avocado, so next time I will use onion. I also did not use two layers of chicken. If I had, I would not have been able to get it in my mouth LOL! I did find Ken's Sweet Vidalia Onion salad dressing and it is wonderful and divine on this sandwich. I cooked the bacon first, drained the bacon fat, cooked the chicken and then sauteed the mushrooms. Not only do you need loose pants on, but you need a bib (at least I did) and plenty of napkins! This is the ultimate chicken sandwich! Made for Cameraless Chef game 2008. Thanks Verelucky!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cajun seasoning
- 8 slices bacon, cooked in advance if possible
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup white button mushrooms
- 2 hoagie rolls (aka hogie, sub or grinder rolls)
- sweet vadalia onion salad dressing (Ken's brand here on the east coast) or honey mustard, if you can't find the other
- avocado, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with cajun seasoning, then spray lightly with "Pam" or other cooking oil spray.
- Grill over med to med low heat for 6-8 minutes or until done.
- While chicken is grilling saute mushrooms in sm amount of butter.
- If you haven't precooked the bacon, you can do it now.
- Heat sub rolls in oven until hot.
- When chicken is done assemble as follows per sandwich --
- Spread sweet vadalia dressing or honey mustard on each half of roll generously.
- Place one slice of swiss cheese.
- Place 2 slices of cooked bacon.
- Spread cooked mushrooms
- Place 1/2 of chicken breast.
- One slice of swiss cheese.
- 2 slices of bacon.
- 1/2 chicken breast.
- Top of roll.
- Put on loose sweatpants --